Narooma Arts Centre
Narooma School of Arts will build Narooma Arts Centre to meet existing and anticipated demand for studio-workshops and other creative spaces (supported in principle by Eurobodalla Shire Council). It will have three studios/workshops and a gallery.
Narooma Arts Centre will:
- create a haven for learning and inspiration that brings artists, students and visitors together across all ages;
- attract and allow artists in residence and master class programs for both emerging creative industries;
- integrate emerging technologies and new ideas, such as high speed broadband, to support development of new artworks and creative industries, and to enable more people to access and participate in arts and culture.
- foster cultural tourism and business and make a positive contribution to the regional economy by:
(i) being a destination for art and music workshops/schools, thereby attracting visitors from outside the area;
(ii) encouraging the region’s creative industries by the professional development of its artists;
(iii) enhance the experience of visitors to the area.
The School of Arts has appointed ClarkeKeller as the architect for the Arts Centre.
This followed an extensive period of community consultation with potential stakeholders, the development of a design brief for architects, and an invitation to seven architects in the south east for expressions of interest, and a selection process by a specially appointed panel.
THE COST AND FUNDRAISING
We anticipate it will cost $2m plus. (All donations very gratefully received!)
Our most likely potential sources of funding:
- Regional Development Australia
- Arts NSW Capital Grants Program
- Large companies with arts/cultural funds
- Trust funds
- Philanthropic organisations
- Private donors – donations are tax deductible.
If you would like to donate to Narooma School of Arts for the Narooma Arts Centre please download our Donation Form. All donations to our Public Fund are tax deductible.